Short to medium term plan
Since there is a dire need for children to be taken care of in Gauteng, the Department of Social Services has recommended that we get all our houses repaired and habitable to accommodate children. The property requires maintenance and is currently semi-functional; five homes are presently providing shelter for 30 children between the ages of 1 and 18 years of age. An additional 5 homes are being used as offices, edu-care, learning centre, library and social services office. Vacant sections of the property have been earmarked for the development and construction of recreational facilities,a hall needs to be built on the premises, where we can assemble up to 500 people at any given time for folks from the community to gather for seminars to create awareness and address the different ills in our society. It is our aim to establish community gardens and crop production -Expertise are required to assist with hydroponics farming and veggie gardens; sponsors for these are required.
Our focus this year is to implement additional programmes to empower our children viz. education & skills development, therapeutic, health and sport & recreation.
Our property also boasts an Olympic size swimming pool that is in need of repair.
The intention is to have individuals and companies repair the houses and brand them. It is also our intention is to have the homes furnished by individuals and companies as well as perhaps maintain them.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Volunteer Work –
- Tutoring our school children with Maths, Maths Literacy & Accountancy etc
- Assisting with projects & assignments
- Life skills programmes viz. etiquette, career guidance, peer group programmes etc
- Recreational activities Coordinator – soccer, basketball, fishing trips, etc
- Our children need assistance to develop their interests ie dance, chess, etc
- Cleaning the grounds, painting the houses & fences, odd jobs
Donations & Sponsorships – (Any and Everything…..Every little bit helps)
- Referrals – (Tell your friends, colleagues & family about us)
- Fund Raising Project/s – (Please contact Mrs. Wentworth on 084 319 4489)
- Holiday Parents – (You’re invited to a screening processes to enjoy a child over the school holiday period or just for a week end in your own home)
Support a Child –
- School and other clothing
- School stationery
- Purchase goods to develop the child’s interests
- Food, fruit & dairy products
- Children’s hair cuts