The Villa of Hope is an NPO registered with the Department of Social Development as a Child and Youth Care Center. The organization focuses on the provision of superior care to those children who have been orphaned or require alternative care due to abuse, neglect, abandonment and children that are affected or infected by HIV and AIDS or other ill circumstances.
We presently provide residential for children who have been placed by organizations such as Johannesburg Child Welfare, Child line, CPU, SAPS and DSD.
Whilst in our care, the health, safety, emotional, psychological, educational, spiritual and physical needs of our children are catered for in a loving environment. The Villa of Hope has 25 houses which includes administration/reception offices, early childhood development center, learning center, library and social services office. These require on-going maintenance and up keep.
Through the generous support of individuals, families and various companies and organizations, the Villa has helped hundreds of families and vulnerable children and aspires to help many more in the future. Below are some of the areas in which on-going assistance is required
- Bedding and towels
- Sporting equipment
- Building & repairs
- Plumbing & electrical
- Gardening and landscaping
- Pest control
- Tutoring & extra lessons
- Life skills programmes
- Sports, art & cultural programmes
- Career guidance and job shadowing opportunities
- Transport costs
- Infrastructure Development
- Educational grants
- Learnership/Internship opportunities
A hall for community gatherings and Indoor activities. Two mini buses for transportation of learners. Funding and expertise for hydroponic farming initiative. Conversion energy efficient homes (solar, LED lights, water saving devices, leak detection) to reduce costs and impact on environment.
WHAT CAN I DO?
The needs of the Villa of Hope are on-going, ever changing and always increasing
- Any and everything…every little bit helps
- See website or contact us for updated
- Donations into our bank accounts (stop orders, small or large
Please note that we are a registered NPO and donations are tax deductions. Assistance with administration of Corporate Social Investment programmes, documentation and certification provided.
- Individuals: Skills, Knowledge and expertise in all of the above mentioned areas are always needed( once-off, project based or on-going visits
- Groups: Volunteer programmes at various levels for children, youth, elderly and corporate are available on request
- Families: You’re invited to a screening process to host a child over the school holiday period or just for a week end in your home
SPREAD THE WORD!!!!